PE and Sports Funding
Sports Funding 2017/2018
March 2013 saw the introduction of funding for schools to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in Primary schools. The funding to cover the academic year 2017-2018 equated to a lump sum of £16,000 plus an additional allocation OF £10 per full time pupil. At Cadmore End Church of England Combined School, our allocated budget is invested in our children’s PE. In response to this extra funding we have looked at ways of ensuring the money will both improve our provision in the short and long term. Income for 2017-2018 is £13,136 to provide the following:
- New scheme of work called Champions by Rising Stars. This new scheme is a whole school PE, health and fitness programme.
- To employ Mrs Caine to deliver PE to pupils in Year 1- Year 6. Each year group will have 2 hours of PE twice a week.
Mrs Caine will also provide the following:
- CPD to staff,
- Add to our provision at lunchtime. At lunchtime Mrs Caine is timetabled to provide a variety of physical activities for all age groups. These are structured and unstructured activities
- Work with pupils who require OT
Mrs Caine will receive external CPD to support her own professional development.
- Training for a member of staff to obtain Level 3 Forest School.
- Replenish all playtime equipment, in consultation with the sports and school council.
- Purchase extra curriculum PE resources – Table Tennis table.
- Sports Club will deliver 2 x 2 hour weekly sports clubs. Again, the activities provided are determined by the pupils.
- Subsidised swimming lessons.
- Funding for termly whole school sporting events.