Welcome to the Class 2 page!
During the school closure you can find resources and news about your class here!
The class teachers are Mrs Croft and Mrs Groom.
- March 2020 school closure support letter class 2.docx
- Summer letter to class two parents 20th April 2020.pdf
- example timetable.docx
- Summer term home learning task ideas.docx
Have you tried The Oak National Academy yet?
This website has been created during the lockdown to help parents with home schooling. It has a bank of lessons across all year groups for English, maths and some foundation subjects such as art, music etc.
Each lesson is led by a teacher and has all the resources needed for the learning. All you need is a pencil and paper. The lessons are of a high standard.
Click here to watch this song and sing along to learn more about VE day
How did you celebrate VE day?
Our World- Continents and Oceans
Where have you been in the world?
Can you name the oceans and continents?
Click here to see a world map:
Science at home!
Please keep your pictures coming in, I love to see what you have been doing
The links below are to the weekly lesson plans and activity ideas I have been sending via email each week. Each lesson is based on our science topic this half term
- week 1- build your own lego house and test out climate change
- #Lesson Presentation Climate Change.ppt
- #Lesson Presentation Reduce Reuse Recycle.ppt week 2
- Activity Cards Reduce Reuse or Reycle.pdf
- Additional Recycling Sorting Cards.pdf
- #Lesson Presentation Energy Experts.ppt week 3
- Activity Sheet Energy Enquiry Survey.pdf
- A useful link on the BBC here about renewable energy
- Fun experiments using solar energy
- #Lesson Presentation Forest Friends.ppt
- #Rainforest Fact Sheets.pdf
- Activity Sheet Rainforest Sorting.pdf
Acts of kindness
I'd love to hear about how you are being kind to your families and those around you.
What can you do?
Help with jobs at home
- Keep your room tidy
- Make something for a friend or family member (a card, cake, picture, bracelet)
- Create a poster to say thank you to someone
Home Learning News and Ideas
Have you tried The Oak National Academy?
Click on the link here
Don't forget to email me with news of what you have been up to at home.
Please check out the ideas from Mrs Hazel on the Forest School page and also the ideas Mrs Caine has set for PE tasks.
The BBC has now launched it's daily lessons for all year groups.
Check out the literacy for Monday 20th April, it's all about The Faraway Tree which we began to read in class.
Check out these links if you are looking for more ideas:
I have loved seeing what you have been doing this week.
Keep the photos coming!